Mini Cheddars Boycott Valentine’s Day
Long Terms and Conditions
1. The Promotion is open only to residents of the Republic of Ireland over the age of 18.
2. Promotion is not open to employees of the Promoter or any member of their immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children & spouse regardless of where they live), any participating stores, affiliated companies, agents or anyone professionally connected with the Promotion.
3. By taking part in this promotion individuals will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and be bound by them.
4. By entering this promotion, you confirm that you are not breaching any laws regarding the legality of entering. The Promoter will not be held responsible for any entrant entering the promotion unlawfully.
5. The promotional period is from 00.01am 07.02.22 until 23.59pm on 14.02.22. Entries can be made at any time during the promotional period.
6. To enter, share your cheesiest date stories through Instagram & TikTok comments on promotional videos. Finalists will be identified and reshared by Mini Cheddars for public vote. The story with the most ‘likes’ wins the prize. No purchase necessary.
7. There will be one winner total. Winner’s prize is a €500 voucher for dinner with friends at a restaurant in their vicinity. Restaurant will be agreed between promoter and winner after promotion ends.
8. Three finalists will be selected by an independent adjudicator. The decision of the independent adjudicator is final and conclusive in all circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into. To be eligible to be a finalist, entries must not use any sexually explicit or offensive language or references to alcohol or illegal substances.
9. The winner will be contacted by a member of the prize team within 10 working days of the promotion closing. In the event the winner is uncontactable in the first instance, we will endeavour to try contacting them for up to 7 working days after our initial attempt, in which case if we have not heard back from them, another winner will be selected at random.
10. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation. In the event of unforeseen circumstances outside the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value.
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible or fail to be redeemed by the relevant closing date for any reason including without limitation, any errors, omissions, interruptions or delays in operation or transmission, any communications line failure or for traffic congestions or any unauthorised human act. The promoter accepts
no responsibility for errors outside of the promoters control such as connectivity issues, issues with the device entered on or unforeseen issues that may arise.
12. Any malicious or manipulative attempt to influence the outcome of the promotion will result in disqualification. Automated entries will be automatically disqualified. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of the terms and conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may at its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfil any prize awarded.
13. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion and/or these terms and conditions at any stage but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
14. The decision of the Promoter is final.
15. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid provide always that the promotion can still run as intended.
16. By entering the promotion, all participants agree to give Instagram and TikTok a complete release from all legal liability in connection with the promotion.
18. The surname and county of the winner may be obtained by sending a stamped address envelope titled ‘McVitie’s Mini Cheddars Valentine Competition’ within 90 days of the closing date to Pluto Communications, Frankfort House, Vergemount Hall, Clonskeagh, Dublin 6.. If you do not want your surname and county included on the winner’s list referred to above, you must notify the promoter within a reasonable period of time before the closing date of the promotion. The Promoter may nevertheless be obliged to disclose such information to appropriate regulatory authorities.
19. This promotion is governed by Irish Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
20. The Promoter (the ‘Promoter’) is
UB Snackfoods Ireland Ltd, 33/36 Northwood Court,
Northwood, Santry, Co. Dublin.
1. We use very little personal data for our ‘Boycott Valentines Day’ Promotion, but we need some to process your entry. We also need personal details to respond to any enquiries you may have. This privacy notice explains what personal data we process and your rights over what we do with it.
2. This privacy notice applies to the ‘Boycott Valentines Day’ Promotion only. You can find out more about how we process personal data for other purposes at
3. We need your social media name to enter the Promotion, to ensure that it is run fairlyand for your prize to be awarded. You cannot enter the Promotion without providingthat information. If you win then we'll need your full name, postal address, email address and phone number to deliver your prize. Our processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of the Promotion contract.
4. We will use personal data about you for the Promotion, only, and will erase it when the Promotion is complete. Details of prize winners will be held in accordance with our legal and record-keeping obligations.
5. We will need to share personal data with our partners only to operate the Promotion.
Our Promotion administrator is Pluto Event Management Ltd, Frankfort House,
Vergemount Hall, Clonskeagh Road, Dublin 6, Ireland. Other partners include prize
suppliers, IT service providers, delivery companies, and business partners who help us to ensure the proper administration of the Promotion and associated services. We may share personal data with and Garda or other government bodies or agencies where required to do so by law.
6. Should we need to transfer personal data outside of the EEA, we will ensure that appropriate legal and technical safeguards are in place.
7. You can request copies of personal data about you including in portable electronic formats and, where appropriate, the rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of that personal data.
8. If you're not happy with our processing of personal data, you can complain to the office of the Data Protection Commission www.dataprotection.ie.
9. The controller of personal data for this Promotion is
UB Snackfoods Ireland Ltd, 33/36
Co Dublin, Ireland.
You can contact our Data Protection Controller at email@example.com